Tuesday, February 5, 2013

1st Attempt at Making Cushions

Crafty, Do-It-Yourself, creative... 3 words that do NOT describe me!  But, regardless, it does save a lot of money if you have the time.  I don't have a lot of time, so it may take a while to complete, but here is Step 1 of making my own cushions for the dining room table.  Any chairs that I was interested in were at least $50 each, and only came in sets of 4.  I need 10 chairs, which means I would be spending at least $500...  If I'm able to find chairs for less, without a cushion, and I can figure out how to make them myself, I should save HALF of that cost!  

3" Foam, enough for more than 10 chairs: $40.00 at Mardens
10 yards of fabric: $40.00 at Mardens
Chairs: STILL NEED!

 3" Foam
 A little choppy cutting with scissors!  But that should be covered up
 Measuring the fabric on each side.. I measured 4" but it turned out a little crooked, 
even though I used a level!  So it's shorter on one side, but still fits
 Folding the fabric around the foam
 I decided to fold it like a Christmas present
 This is the front
 The fabric that I chose for the dining room chairs
 Trying it out on one of the chairs I'm borrowing for the winter
 So, I need: Glue or Staple Gun, bigger chair or to shape the foam.. 
maybe even straps around the foam to hold it to the chair so it doesn't move...  

Not too bad for my first try!

No comments:

Post a Comment