Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Wow, Yummy Fresh Start!

Yesterday marks the first day of another fresh start to eating healthy!  A few years ago, I was cooking all of my meals, wholefoods, vegetables, brown rice, etc..  Then I got into the bad habit of processed foods and junk; becoming pregnant a few months after this started didn't help either because of my exhaustion, and the energy it took to even cook a meal!  So, what is this oh so yummy meal I cooked myself tonight?

Salmon
Veggies
Potatoes



The salmon was cooked at 400degrees for 15 minutes (probably a little too long, it was a bit dry).  I marinated it in lemon, and covered in a bit of black pepper before I stuck it in the oven.

While this was cooking, I got 2 pots of water boiling, and added green beans and corn to one, and cubed/diced/sliced into squares, whatever cooking term you want to use, sweet potatoes to the other.
I have never tried sweet potatoes before, except for the fries which (in my opinion) were just gross!  So I wasn't really excited to try them, but I know they're so good for you I couldn't pass them up.  I have to be honest, I didn't try them flavorless.. I got out a mixing bowl and added honey and agave syrup, black pepper and a bit of sea salt to the diced sweet potatoes.  MMMMM yum!

The corn and green peppers only had a bit of black pepper and sea salt added to them and they're always good.

My portions, as you can see in the picture, were a little off because I wanted to be sure I had enough veggies left over for seconds!!

(last night I also made a semi-good for you meal..)
Pasta- not so good, since it was packaged
Salad with pineapple and cottage cheese- not so good with ranch dressing and croutons
and Salmon- not so good from a can

I'm looking forward to this 2nd new beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment