Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My Pregnancy Journal

The following is basically copy/pasted out of a word document that I kept during my pregnancy, when I wasn't too busy to actually write in it!


Feb. 1, 2012
Symptoms:                        Nauseous the past 3 days, all day long
                                         Sore/tender breasts for the past few weeks
Pregnancy Test:                 4:47pm- 2 pink lines = Pregnant
                                         1st Phone Call- Dr’s office to make appt.
                                         2nd Phone Call- 4:50pm- Jason, to tell him I was pregnant
                                         Jason’s reaction: “Oh boy... My heart is racing right now, I’m excited”
Feb. 2, 2012
Symptoms:                       Dry heaving from 6am-12pm; missed my first full day of work since Nov. 1, 2010
                                        Exhausted, waking up at night
Pregnancy Test:                2nd Pregnancy Test, still Positive
                                        Dr. Appt. at 3pm- lots of questions, blood drawn
Preparation:                      Pregnancy Food- water, grape juice, ginger-ale, bagels, crackers
                                        Took picture of stomach, to track changes in belly bump
                                        Prenatal Vitamin
Food:                               Cereal, bagel, Pasta with Brocolli/Carrots + Olive Oil, Crackers
Feb. 3, 2012
Symptoms:                        Exhausted, waking up at night
                                         Dry heaving once around 930am
Preparation:                      Journal and Scale- to keep track of pregnancy stages, Prenatal Vitamin
Food:                               Cereal, Graham Crackers, Bagel, Pasta w/ Sauce
Worries:                           Miscarriage—have 6 more weeks to go, until I feel safer about having a successful pregnancy.  Scares me really bad to know I could lose the baby
                                         Parenting—Will Jason overcome his behavior issues, will I be a good mom
                                      Location—I want the baby to grow up around my parents, I want my dad to coach him or her in baseball and hockey, I want to be around Katie’s baby so they can be friends. Jason’s job is an hour away- need to find a compromise between the 2 places.
TO DO:                         Meet with OB/GYN
                                      Ultrasound for heartbeat around 8 weeks
                                      Set up pictures for baby bump, and family pics from 7-9 months
                                      Continue to take pictures of belly once a week
                                      Create baby scrapbook
                                      Save Money for Furniture, Diapers, Food, etc.
                                      Figure out location and job
                                      Tell parents on my birthday- will be 14 weeks by then
Feb. 5, 2012
Symptoms:                      Woke up at 430am with morning sickness, until 530am
                                       Fell back to sleep until 9am, with dry heaves once around 1pm
                                       Was finally able to eat without feeling sick
Food:                              Cereal, graham crackers, banana, scrambled eggs, pasta w/ pesto, pizza
TO DO:                          Call Ruth about making ultrasound appt. on Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2012
Feb. 6, 2012
Symptoms:                     Threw up last night, around midnight for the first time since my symptoms began a week ago, last Monday
                                      Still extremely exhausted- went to the grocery store yesterday to get some more food and hardly made it back to the house without collapsing
Food:                                Still having a hard time eating without forcing myself
                                         MultiGrain Cheerios, Water
Other:                             Am going to try to go into work today; if I make it through the day, the part that I’m not looking forward to is lunch- going in the cafeteria is going to trigger scents that make my stomach uneasy
Prep:                           I have decided to wait until after a possible baby shower to start buying anything- makes sense to save my money until after I know what I’m not getting.  I look forward to having the cradle that my dad made- I think he made it when Michelle was born, but I believe all of the cousins have pretty much used it, I’ll have to ask
                                       Waiting to tell people, waiting for a baby shower, and waiting for the Ultra-Sound- I am not a patient person when it comes to this kind of stuff!  I want the baby to be here, but instead I have another 7.5 months- through the entire summer.  That’s a long time!! 
                                   Still don’t know what I’m going to do about my job, but I told Will- he said we would make it work, and I told him I was most likely going to move back down towards home to be close to my parents and family.
                                     Was looking forward to my baby growing up with Katie’s, but she says she will most likely be moving to New Hampshire in 1-2 years to be closer to Larry’s job.  Makes sense for them, but makes me sad! 
     I would love to move into my old neighborhood- built in babysitters with Grace and Abby, just use my parent’s pool, hottub, etc.  That would be amazing.  Plus I know the area, I loved it growing up, and I feel safe there… if only someone was moving out next door sooner than they planned- I’ll have to convince them!
Worries:                          I’m really sad that my Nana and Grampa won’t be here for this.  Glad that I don’t have to tell them that I’m having a baby without being married- but sad that nana won’t be there to bundle the baby after like she did with all the cousins, Shy, and Molly.
                                       I hope that Mat will hold the baby- he has never wanted to before with other ones, like Willow, but hopefully he’ll feel different about mine 
Feb 11, 2012
I’m exhausted, I can’t sleep, and I’m so hungry but I can’t eat!  Morning sickness has caused me to miss 3 days of work in the past 8, and I don’t get to see the heartbeat for another 3 weeks!!
Apr. 9, 2012
I’m 16 weeks pregnant, and have missed 2 months of updates in this pregnancy journal.  I’ve had 2 ultrasounds, one at 7 weeks and one at 10 weeks.  In the first one, the baby wasn’t even an inch long and all I could see was the heartbeat at about 155/160 beats per minute.  


 The 2nd one, the baby was about an inch and a half- the ultrasound creates vibrations to detect the baby’s size and shape, and apparently the babies can feel it because “it” started moving and looked like it was doing a snow angel- wicked cute.  A month later (a few weeks ago), I heard the heartbeat for the first time, still at 155/160 beats per minute.  I will be having another heartbeat exam on Apr. 23, and then a few weeks after that we’ll find out the sex of the baby!
My morning sickness (dry heaving and throwing up) went away about 3-4 weeks ago.. I still get random feelings like I want to throw up, especially when I’m hungry or brushing my teeth.
I can see my baby belly a little bit, but the doctor says it’s mostly intestines and my bladder being pushed out of the way by the growing uterus.  My jeans still fit, but my mom says that she didn’t start showing until about 8 months.  Most start around 5-6. 
Worries:                 I haven’t been able to eat that many vegetables, but I’m trying to eat as healthy as I can. 
Apr. 24, 2012
At 18 weeks, I’m starting to show more consistently, and when people actually look at my belly they tell me that they can see it.  I still don’t know if I want a boy or a girl; I was much easier than my brother, but in general, boys are better than girls.  As long as the baby is healthy, I should be fine with what it ends up being!  I will know in a month, on my next appointment (May 21, 2012).  The ultrasound should take about 90 minutes for the doctors to look at all of the baby’s characteristics to be sure of the health.  I haven’t felt my baby move yet either, but it’s normal for pregnant woman to not feel it until they’re anywhere from 18-22 weeks, so I still have some time.  As for names, we have come up with Kaidence Marie, Raine or Rayne Marie, and Baylee Lawrence.  I’m not in love with any of them, so I will continue to search and listen for more.  Marie and Lawrence/Lincoln are definite middle names.  I’ve been able to eat more normally now- peanut butter sandwiches and eggs have helped with my protein, and I get my veggies as much as I can, especially when Jason is around.  He’s been great through all of this, taking care of me, cooking me supper, coming to visit every week he has off; he’s really excited for a baby, and I think he wants daddy’s little girl.  He likes the names Kaidence and Baylee, but of course, he’s the one who came up with them!  Mat told me a few weeks ago that I “better not name the baby anything stupid,” and suggested the name Mat for both boy and girl.  Lindsay also told me that Mat has said “I’m going to be an uncle,” and sounded pretty excited about it.  So I’m happy about that.  My pregnancy is finally public; all of my family know, and most of my friends- facebook pictures of my 18 wk belly helped with that one.  I hope that I keep up with this journal and taking pictures of my belly and my baby; I’m sure that I’ll have my camera with me at all times. 
May. 22, 2012
We had the gender ultrasound yesterday, May 21, and found out that it’s a girl!  She is very healthy, “beautiful,” and “long”, according to the technicians.  I was so relieved when I found out she was healthy.  She was very cooperative, and the ultrasound was almost over within 30 minutes (instead of 1.5 hrs), until they tried to get a picture of the skin over her tailbone area to rule out complete spinabifida; she did not move, and was pretty much sleeping the entire time.
As soon as we knew we were having a girl, Jason and I went to the baby store and bought our first gifts for her- a pink monkey and a 300 (ish) page Peter Rabbit storybook.
I have been feeling her move around/kick a lot more, and can tell that it is actually her kicking instead of just my stomach rumbling.  Today, I actually saw the kicks through my stomach. 
For Mothers day, Jason got me 2 pairs of shoes (blue and pink) because we didn’t know what we were having yet.  We also went to Bar Harbor this past weekend, and bought a homemade Sesame Street burp/shoulder “rag”.

No comments:

Post a Comment